Ok, so I have been very bad at keeping this updated already! This last little while has been quite busy for us. We took a trip up to Canada for Grandma Stills B-Day suprise party. It was so much fun. Driving with kids... not so much fun. Last Thursday we drove up and spent the night at Jessie's. Billy had a blast with her fiber-optic night light. Friday we left for Canada. Billy and Kate did really well. We had to stop quite a few times to feed Kate and let Billy stretch out his legs. We got to the boarder around 7:30. I left our birth certificates in the trunk so they made us go inside to prove our citizenship. Quite annoying actually. So that ate up a 1/2 hour and the kids were nice and asleep too! We had to wake them up and take them in. Kate had a very hard time that last hour of driving.
We ended up staying ant Auntie Sharon's and Uncle Wally's. It was so much fun! (Thanks Sharon for your hospitality!) Billy loved playing (I mean wrestling) with Austin. Just today he asked if we could go to Austins house. Poor guy. Its too bad Austin doesn't live closer. It was so much fun to see Tyler too. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her too. Between Tyler and Austin I am suprised that we got Billy to come home with us.
Grandma's suprise party was quite the success! My aunt's did a great job with the whole thing! (See slide show) Grandma told me that seeing my Dad and the rest of us was her favorite part of the suprise. It was so very nice to see her and Grandpa and everyone else, kind of hard too for this was the first trip to Canada that mom wasn't with us. Emmotions are still very close to the surface. More than once I ended up crying and it is so contagious! Especially when all the siblings and inlaws got up to sing. I miss my mom terribly!
We ended up taking two days to come home. Thought that it would be easier on the kids. We stayed the night in Butte at the Hampton Inn. It was hard to get Billy to calm down. He escaped down the hall and I had to chase him. Sometimes I get so worried that he is going to disapear on me! It was a good time. Billy fell off the bed in the middle of the night, thoug he did pretty good sleeping next to Jess.
Now we are back home. There definatley is no place like home!! My house is finally back in order (for the most part). It takes a couple of days to recover from a vacation! I can't wait till Kate gets to be a little bit older. It won't be so hard on her to travel.
Friday, May 9
Trip to Canada
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like a great trip. Silly Billy taking off down the hall while at the hotel. That's definitely the William I know.
I am still so sorry about your mom. I can only begin to imagine how difficult it was for you and your family not to have her there with you physically. You guys are always in my prayers. I love you.
Post a Comment